Megan Fox is always effortlessly chic, even when she’s at the airport or just making a caffeine run. Stocked with fedoras and aviators, she always looks perfectly put together when paired with light t shirts and skinnies.
But there’s no need to pay $195 for a pair of Ray Bans, instead, head to Target to pick up their great pair for $17! Or check out Charlotte Russe to find a bevvy of fantastic fedoras! And you can’t forget your wonderfully worn in tshirts from Madewell.
You can get the sunglasses, 3 shirts and 4 fedoras for nearly $50 less than Megan’s sun shader’s alone!
Summer is the time for friends, BBQs and delish drinks!
Here is an easy recipe for a refreshing sangria:
- 4 cups watermelon, cubed and frozen
- 1/3 cups dry port*
- 1 lime, sliced thin
- 750ml bottle Moscato, chilled*
- 3 cups lime seltzer water
In pitcher, place 3 cups of watermelon, saving the rest for garnish. Add the port and Moscato, topping it off with the seltzer and lime. [* for a non alcohol version, sub port and Moscato for Ginger Ale!]
Pour over ice in glasses, stick a melon ball on it, and you’re off to refreshment heaven!
Not that we’re ever anything less than 100% prepared for any fashion or beauty emergency, but just in case, above are the makings for the best 911 kit— and you probably already own all the items!
Dig deep and round up:
- bobby pins- not only are they great for a quick updo when your lunch date turns into a dinner date, but they’re also great when a button falls off, and you need to clip it back onto your shirt or skirt.
- bronzer- use on the face for color, and on the eyes for a smokier look, and don’t forget you can always mix some with your lotion for glowing skin
- travel aerosol hairspray- tame those fly-aways, smooth down unruly brows, stop runs in nylons and lightly spray to stop static cling
- lipstick- find a shade that works for your skintone,and use it not only on your lips, but lightly pat on your cheeks for a perfect soft cheek color
- extra tough bandaids- blisters be gone, and any other boo-boos, but you can also use these for a quick hem or to hold a blouse opening closed, or to hold your bra strap to your top to avoid seeing those bad boys
- mascara- besides the obvious use, you can smudge mascara into your lash line for the look of eye liner, or if you’re daring, you can do a full smokey eye with it, blending with your bronzer
Pop them all in a cute lil bag, and you’ll never be anything but fabulous!
What’s in your 911 beauty kit?!
There are only 5 days left for you to get your chance to win an original Brow Gel!
Need a refresher on how to enter? Go here!
If you’re anything like me, you have a stack of great, worn in t-shirts in a pile, waiting for something to be done with them [since throwing them away is never an option!] Instead, take a pair of scissors and create a new masterpiece!
The steps are quick and easy, and the photo tutorial [thanks Catherine!] make it even easier:
- lay t-shirt out flat
- cut off sleeves, bottom hem and neck line
- adjust cuts to make the tank straps as thick or as thin as you’d like
- flip shirt over and cut a veeeery deep v into the back [the deeper the v, the sassier it looks once tied]
- take the bottom hem and tie the top of the straps together, winding it down about 2 inches, and tying it again at the bottom
- voila! brand new tank top for your summer wardrobe
Since practice makes perfect, try this on a shirt you should be throwing away, marking out the pattern with chalk or a pencil. You’ll have it perfected in no time!
Who doesn’t love the zingy refreshing taste of lemon and lime? Those two flavors are perfect for the hot, summer days soon to be upon us. But what’s even better is the great health and beauty benefits of adding lemon and lime to our water!
Not only does water help to hydrate our skin, keeping it looking youthful and dewy, but the simple act of dropping in a few wedges of the bright citruses can help to:
- balance pH levels
- boost immune system
- flush toxins
- reduce wrinkles and blemishes
- reduce bloating and water retention
- reduct tooth pains
- increase metabolism
- regulates digestion
- absorb essential nutrients
- reduce swollen gums and sore throats
- AND IT TASTES GREAT!
Add a slice, or 5, of these wonderful yellow and green treats to your daily glasses of water and toast to your health!
Not all of us have time to stop by our favorite make up counter to get our eyes glamourfied daily, but that doesn’t mean you can’t learn how to perfect your peepers like a pro!
Above is the perfect shadow placement chart, ensuring that you’re highlighting those windows to the soul. Use with any color combinations you love, just making sure to focus the darkest color when the photo above suggests, based on your eye shape. Then pile on your mascara and knock ‘em dead with your sultry stare!
20 uses for one natural product? Sign us up! Coconut Oil is one super strength multi-tasker that we’re happy to keep on hand [and on our hands, too!]
Above are 20 quick uses for the super salve. Take a look and have some fun!
How do you use your coconut oil?! Let us know!