Feeling inspired this morning by the beautiful Jody Watley!
Not only did Jody rule the radio through the late 70’s and 80’s, but she’s been a fashion icon since she first stepped on the scene. That hair! That smile! Those brows! Jody’s look pushed boundaries and took fashion to a whole new level.
What’s your favorite era of Jody? Here are a few of ours…
The trouble with buying items in bulk, is that sometimes you’re sick of whatever “it” is before you’re through. But thankfully that is not the case with sugar! Not only is sugar, pain and simple, useful [coffee, tea, cupcakes, cakes, etc.], but it makes one heck of a DIY body scrub base! Mix in a few other household items, and your skin is going to do nothing but glow!
Grab that browning banana, mush it up with 3 tablespoons of sugar, and a drop your favorite essential oil, or vanilla extract. Be careful not to over mash or it can get too thin. You want a chunkier consistency for this scrub. Once in the shower, rub it on, let it sit for a couple minutes, then rinse it right off with warm water. Delicious!
Mix 3 parts sugar, with one part olive oil, and many parts [20-25 drops] of your favorite essential oil. Stir that until it becomes an even paste and rub onto your skin preshower to get that “dry brush” effect. Once in, scrub some more, for another minute or so, and rinse off. So easy!
For a bright morning, reach for this scrub. 1/2 cup of sugar, mixed with 1/2 oil of choice [almond, coconut, jojoba, whichever!], and 1 teaspoon of fresh citrus zest. Mix well, scrub on, rinse off, and wake up!
Now you don’t have to worry about all that sugar going to waste; you have plenty of options now! Don’t forget, sugar can be used as a great lip scrub, too. Just equal parts sugar and the oil of your choice, then rub away!
Not all of us have the luxury of dressing for work the way we would dress to meet up for dinner and drinks after… So what pieces should you have stashed away to make sure you can make a quick get away? Glamour gathered 5 easy items for you to have on hand, just in case…
1. A soft knit blazer that doesn’t wrinkle. Whether you’re wearing a dress, a skirt, or even trousers, a classic black blazer will keep you perfectly polished to head into an impromptu meeting, lunch, or even a presentation. This one is by Loft.
2. A rayon knit dress. Let’s face it, some days we don’t feel like dressing up, but when you have an unexpected meeting to attend, this wrinkle-free dress will be your best friend. Make sure it grazes right above your knees or at your knees. Also look for a dress that’s either sleeveless or cap-sleeved. Love this one byA.L.C.
3. Basic Pumps or d’Orsays. Now, a pump can take you from board meeting to date, this we know— but you don’t want to bury an expensive pair of pumps in your desk drawer for all eternity. Choose something chic and affordable, and trust me—you will have days where you’ll thank your lucky stars you bought them. These d’Orsays from Zara are calling my name!
4. An oversize clutch. There is nothing less date-y than showing up to meet a guy carrying a big work tote. It’s just schleppy, for lack of a better term. So look for an oversize clutch that fits your wallet and cell phone, and just pop your essentials in there and leave your tote at the office that night. This trick saves me all the time.
5. A statement cuff. If you’ve got to go from day to night, or just need to add a little pep to your look at the office, a statement cuff is an easy way to turn up the fashion quotient. This one from Topshop is a great option for the spring and summer months.
And there you have it! Are there any pieces that you stash and dash with?
Ok, ok, we all eat. And sometimes we eat healthy and well, and other times, we just grab whatever is in front of us a grub down [which is totally fine, in moderation!] But wouldn’t it be nice if you could whip up a tasty, healthy, beautifying snack? TBD does it again with their toast toppers—3 different options offering up health and beauty benefits! Read on to get your inner chef on!
Before we get into these gorgeous toppers, let’s have a chat about the wonder ingredient that is avocado. This beautiful fruit (yes, it’s a fruit) is super rich in dietary vitamins A an E and is most beneficial to the skin. With concentrated levels of vitamin A, its like a natural retinol alternative which increases cell turnover. Studies have shown that avocado consumption can increase the amount of soluble collagen in the skin which translates to better skin repair. A.k.a a dream in reducing sun damage, hyper pigmentation and scarring. Chowing on plenty of avos can also improve signs of a dry scalp and help hydrate skin in general from the inside out.
So, we have our avo-toast doing all kinds of wonders for our skin. Now, what else can we add?
1. RADISH + EDAMAME: This combo is not only delish, but comes complete with a few beauty benefits of their own. Radishes have a high water content and lots of vitamin C which is nourishing for the tissues helping to keep your body hydrated. Hydration = best beauty benefit in the book. Edamame contains isoflavones which many studies have shown aid in the prevention of collagen breakdown…another skin friendly food!
2. EGG + TOMATOES: Tip! Eating your eggs with the yolk in tact helps to preserve the nutrients as opposed to scrambling them where the high heat exposure lowers the benefits. Eggs are loaded with Omega 3 fatty acids which can be responsible for strong, healthy nails that won’t split every time you reach for your handbag. Tomatoes are packed with lycopene (what gives them their pigment) which is a powerful antioxidant and an anti-inflammatory that helps protect skin from environmental agents. That’s definitely a dynamic duo.
3. RED PEPPERS + OLIVES: Red peppers, like tomatoes also have lycopene (which we discussed and love) but they also have a unique ratio of vitamin A and C. This combo creates a huge antioxidant capacity which is very beneficial to your skin. Olives are rich in fatty acids and antioxidants that nourish, hydrate and protect the skin. Chief among those is vitamin E which has been shown to protect the skin from UV radiation. Basically a super tasty sunscreen!
Face it — some days skin care probably isn’t on the top of your to-do list.
And not that we need to sell you on how great it will be to be able to wipe your make up off, and then wipe your skincare on, HowStuffWorks captured the beauty of why we love skincare and cleansing wipes perfectly. Whether you’re super busy, under the weather or just don’t want to mess with multiple steps to clean your skin, you’re likely tempted to skip washing your face at least a few times a week. And if you’re away from home, your skin might suffer even more because it can be difficult to drag your normal battery of products along. That’s when face cleansing wipes can be a skin saver. Skin care specialists strongly advise washing your face daily, otherwise your skin can break out or become dull. But face cleansing wipes can make it a little more convenient to wipe your face clean before bed.
Face cleansing wipes also are easy to use because they come with a cleansing product already on them. Whether they are dry or pre-moistened, the wipes already contain the correct amount and type of ingredients needed for facial cleansing. Even people with acne-prone or sensitive skin have a wide selection of wipes to choose from.
Another major benefit of cleansing wipes is their all-in-one ingredients feature. Some of the products have cleansing, exfoliating and moisturizing abilities, which allow people who normally don’t spend much time on skin care to at least get those basic tasks done. And for those who normally partake of a full skin care treatment but don’t have time on certain days, they can still get those three steps done by simply using one cleansing cloth.
Many people consider hygiene to be another benefit. Unlike with a pot of cream or foaming wash that requires the use of your fingers, cleansing wipes allow the user to clean his face without worry of contaminating a container with germs by repeatedly touching it.
With all the advantages and the wide range of types available, many people have turned to cleansing wipes to help them face the world with clean, beautiful skin.
Coming this spring, Damone Roberts will change your skin, and your life, forever with his AM/PM system.
Have you been noticing all those beautiful, lush, full brows on the runways this Fashion season? Are you looking in the mirror right now, just a bit sad because yours just don’t seem to be able to live up to the hype? Fear no more! Damone Roberts Brow Gain is the product you’ve been waiting for. Jennifer Connolly better watch out after you apply this product nightly and give your hairs the nutrition and strength that they’ve been so desperately seeking, usually within 6-8 weeks. Don’t believe us? Read on to see what some of the top magazines and reviews are saying!
“Roberts most famous product promises to get your balding brows to grow hair”- New York Post
"Skimpy eyebrows got you penciling in that arch every day?
Not to worry thick, lush brows can be yours, thanks to Damone Roberts Brow Gain” -Essence Magazine
"Damone Roberts Brow Gain creates healthy-looking, full brows by stimulating the surrounding hair follicle." - Juicy Magazine
"I love Brow Gain, it is a miracle worker.
My mom has always had eyebrows so thin and sparse that they were practically invisible, so she had been drawing them in since high school. I thought I would give Brow Gain a shot, so I bought it for her for Mother’s Day this past year. When I went home for the Fourth of July, I was amazed: her eyebrows were so much thicker and actually visible.
I decided that her next gift would be an eyebrow shaping with Damone.
Now a few months later, her brows still look thick and healthy even after not using the product since the end of the summer.
Thank you so much.” -E. Walks
"My friends tease me about my obsession with eyebrows but I feel they really frame your face and can make a huge difference in your appearance. Unfortunately I have always had fine hair so I spent a lot of time filling in my brows to make them look more dense. I even tried Rogaine which was smelly and messy but it didn’t help much. Last year I did a medical treatment which caused my eyebrows to thin even more and there were spots where you could hardly see any hair. I was pretty devastated to say the least. I tried Brow Gain and used it every night and very soon I could see little hairs growing back. I continued to use it and after about 6 weeks I had my eyebrows back - better than before! Some days I even go without the pencil! This product worked so great for me. I would definitely recommend it." - C. Cole
“O.K I had my reservations at first. I did as instructed and waited the 4 to 6 weeks used it once a day and one day OMG it works!!!! I started to see little hairs where I had none from over tweezed brows of the 80’s. Damone’s “Brow Gain” works! It grew brows back where I had over tweezed for many many years. I had to call the salon and thank them personally for recommending this product on my first visit to Damone’s salon in Beverly Hills. The $35.00 is a bargain considering that I have spent allot more money for allot less product and no results. Finally, something that really works. I know I sound like and infomercial. I just wanted to share my happy, happy, joy, joy! I look younger with fuller brows and yes the 5 minute face lift as he claims is TRUE ladies once sculpted by the King I looked younger. Plus I felt younger and I could not stop smiling.” -Molina B.
Haven’t gotten your Brown Gain yet? Click here to make sure you’re not missing out!
Right?! That’s why you should just wipe it all off, and back on…