Why you need to try this:
1) You’ll need to buy only one product in order to get the perfect gel manicure.
2) You can use regular nail polish that you already have — no need to buy a special gel nail polish!
All you need for this at-home gel manicure is Gelous Advance Nail Gel Coat ($5.99 at Sally’s Beauty Supply), any nail color of your choice, a clear top coat and a nail buffer.
First things first, remove any nail polish from your nails for a clean canvas. Use a file to shape your nails and clean up any rough edges. Next, buff your nails until they are smooth using a nail buffer. Then remove any nail dust, dirt, or oil from your nail by swiping a cotton ball soaked in acetone (or any nail polish remover) over your nails. Now you’re ready to apply your gel manicure. Follow these simple steps:
1) Apply two thin layers of the Gelous Nail Gel to your nails, allowing a couple minutes in between to dry a little bit. After applying your second coat, allow the gel to set. I waited about 3 minutes.
2) Next, apply a layer of your nail color and allow to dry (about 5 minutes)
3) Apply another layer of Gelous Nail Gel on top of your nail color and allow it to set for about 2 minutes so that it’s semi-dry. Make sure that the ends of your nails are sealed by swiping the brush over top. This will ensure you won’t see a single chip for the entire duration of your gel manicure.
4) Apply a second layer of nail color.
5) Finish it off with your choice of top coat. Stick with a fast drying top coat with high shine for the best results.
TA-DA! A gel manicure for the fraction of the cost! If you have every product but the Gelous Nail Gel Coat already, you’ll have only spent $5.99 for this at-home gel manicure. Can you beat that?
Try it out! You won’t be disappointed! It will last a few weeks and you’ve done it all on your own!