The new year often comes with new resolutions [did you actually make different ones this year?!] with one of the easiest ones to keep being switching up your style, mainly your hair style and color. But what happens to your brows when you dye your hair? Should they match? Do they have to? Do you need to color them, too? What if you wake up and hate it? So. Many. Questions. Thankfully, we here at Damone Roberts have you colored, we mean covered! With the full line of tinted brow gels, there is no reason to go under the bowl for your brows— just swipe on the color of your choice, no matter what “direction” you’re taking your locks.
Taking your spicy ginger to a soft blonde? Keep your brows their natural color and pop on Beverly Hills Blonde or Goldie Fawn tinted brow gel, depending on the depth and shade of your new do!
Heading down the opposite color path and taking your golden locks to a fiery red? Put the bottle down! Simply grab your Ginger tinted brow gel and be on your way.
Going who-knows-where with your color and brow depth? Don’t really care about matching your face framers to your strands? Fear not, between Mocha and Minx, there are 5 total shades at your disposal to mix and match with your look!
Be a little bold, be a little daring, mix up your brow game and play with some tints, no color commitment necessary!
New York is such an inspiring city, and now it’s even more so, but just for one more day!
Due to a last minute request for Damone to appear on a highly acclaimed television show, Damone will be able to rock out a few more appointments in his salon this Tuesday, the 15th, from 4-6pm!
Now’s the time to call the salon at 212.764.4755 or book your appointment here. What are you waiting for?!
Here’s round 2 for our DRNY team! The wonderful Maria Brito can not only sculpt your brows from here to infinity, and back, but she can quote you The Notebook, and recommend some wonderful health and fitness tips, too!
Heels: they can be our best friend, and they can be our enemy, but no matter what, knowing how to walk in them is vital. Mastering that sultry strut can give anyone a boost in confidence even higher than the boost in height automatically provided!
Part 1: A Literal Step-By-Step Break Down
1. POSTURE: Heels pitch weight forward, so for balance, keep your head up and shoulders back. Tightening your core will offset some of the pressure on your feet, not to mention will keep you looking trim and fit!
2. STEPS: Striding in a normal heel-to-toe motion can snap a stiletto or twist an ankle. Instead take short steps, going down evenly on the ball of the foot and heel. If this still hurts, take a peek at part 2 below.
3. WEIGHT: As your weight shifts fully onto a foot, spread your toes in the shoe slightly; this will help to distribute the weight onto the ball of the foot.
4. HIPS: When you’re feeling off-balance, you tend to stiffen up. For an easy, attractive momentum, let your hips swing in small, sideways, figure-eight motions. Stunning!
Part 2: Keeping it Comfy
1. WHOLE-SOLE CUSHIONS: A comfort insole that’s tapered at the front so your toes won’t feel crowded.
2. WEIGHT SHIFTERS: This sized insert sits in the breast of the shoe, shifting weight off the ball of the foot and back onto the heel.
3. TOE GELS: Provides cushioning under the ball of the foot to protect the area where most of your weight is centered.
4. OPEN-TOE STOPPERS: A shorter insole that provides the same shock absorption without being seen through your peep-toes.
5. ARCH SUPPORTS: If your arches are low or need a boost, these supports will help relieve pressure on the balls of your feet.
6. HEEL PADS: Liners that help keep feet from slipping around inside shoes.
Now you can freely walk with no doubt [and with comfort!]. Thanks InStyle!
We know that we’ve done posts on how to cover dark circles before, but this one is for those heavy hitters. Those circles that no matter how much you sleep, or how much you spend on eye creams, just will not disappear. unit now…
TBD stepped up and took this knock out challenge, and completely KO’d those dark circles! And it is way easier than you might imagine. Take a peek at the simplicity below:
- Concealer With Orange and Yellow Notes — our favorites are Benefit Erase Paste, a perfect salmon-yellow shade for those of us with dark circles that have both blue and purple undertones, MAC Studio Finish Pure Orange Skin Corrector and NYX Above and Beyond Full Coverage Concealer in Orange for extreme cases of blue circles, and Maybelline Coverstick Concealer in Yellow for those of us with more purple undereye circles.
- A Foundation Brush
- Dip the foundation brush into the concealer. **We prefer a foundation brush to concealer brush because of the larger surface area.
- Press the flat side of the brush on the center of the dark circle.
- Continue stamping the brush along the circle.
- Press press press.
- Don’t forget to stamp it on the inner corners as well.
- Gently blend with your finger.
- Apply foundation all over your face, including over the concealer so you can no longer see the orange/salmon/yellow.
- Set with powder.
Voila! Bright, Shiny, and New!