New York is such an inspiring city, and now it’s even more so, but just for one more day!
Due to a last minute request for Damone to appear on a highly acclaimed television show, Damone will be able to rock out a few more appointments in his salon this Tuesday, the 15th, from 4-6pm!
Now’s the time to call the salon at 212.764.4755 or book your appointment here. What are you waiting for?!
Here’s round 2 for our DRNY team! The wonderful Maria Brito can not only sculpt your brows from here to infinity, and back, but she can quote you The Notebook, and recommend some wonderful health and fitness tips, too!
Heels: they can be our best friend, and they can be our enemy, but no matter what, knowing how to walk in them is vital. Mastering that sultry strut can give anyone a boost in confidence even higher than the boost in height automatically provided!
Part 1: A Literal Step-By-Step Break Down
1. POSTURE: Heels pitch weight forward, so for balance, keep your head up and shoulders back. Tightening your core will offset some of the pressure on your feet, not to mention will keep you looking trim and fit!
2. STEPS: Striding in a normal heel-to-toe motion can snap a stiletto or twist an ankle. Instead take short steps, going down evenly on the ball of the foot and heel. If this still hurts, take a peek at part 2 below.
3. WEIGHT: As your weight shifts fully onto a foot, spread your toes in the shoe slightly; this will help to distribute the weight onto the ball of the foot.
4. HIPS: When you’re feeling off-balance, you tend to stiffen up. For an easy, attractive momentum, let your hips swing in small, sideways, figure-eight motions. Stunning!
Part 2: Keeping it Comfy
1. WHOLE-SOLE CUSHIONS: A comfort insole that’s tapered at the front so your toes won’t feel crowded.
2. WEIGHT SHIFTERS: This sized insert sits in the breast of the shoe, shifting weight off the ball of the foot and back onto the heel.
3. TOE GELS: Provides cushioning under the ball of the foot to protect the area where most of your weight is centered.
4. OPEN-TOE STOPPERS: A shorter insole that provides the same shock absorption without being seen through your peep-toes.
5. ARCH SUPPORTS: If your arches are low or need a boost, these supports will help relieve pressure on the balls of your feet.
6. HEEL PADS: Liners that help keep feet from slipping around inside shoes.
Now you can freely walk with no doubt [and with comfort!]. Thanks InStyle!
We know that we’ve done posts on how to cover dark circles before, but this one is for those heavy hitters. Those circles that no matter how much you sleep, or how much you spend on eye creams, just will not disappear. unit now…
TBD stepped up and took this knock out challenge, and completely KO’d those dark circles! And it is way easier than you might imagine. Take a peek at the simplicity below:
- Concealer With Orange and Yellow Notes — our favorites are Benefit Erase Paste, a perfect salmon-yellow shade for those of us with dark circles that have both blue and purple undertones, MAC Studio Finish Pure Orange Skin Corrector and NYX Above and Beyond Full Coverage Concealer in Orange for extreme cases of blue circles, and Maybelline Coverstick Concealer in Yellow for those of us with more purple undereye circles.
- A Foundation Brush
- Dip the foundation brush into the concealer. **We prefer a foundation brush to concealer brush because of the larger surface area.
- Press the flat side of the brush on the center of the dark circle.
- Continue stamping the brush along the circle.
- Press press press.
- Don’t forget to stamp it on the inner corners as well.
- Gently blend with your finger.
- Apply foundation all over your face, including over the concealer so you can no longer see the orange/salmon/yellow.
- Set with powder.
Voila! Bright, Shiny, and New!
Recently, Damone Roberts was featured in a glowing interview on Moda Dossier. Touching on everything from his SoCal roots, to what’s up and coming for the Damone Roberts brand, Damone dishes out some wonderful words of wisdom. Check out the highlights below, and be sure to head to Moda Dossier to read the full article!
“What are five things no woman should ever leave home without? A translucent pressed powder, a moisturizing lip-gloss, mints, I think mints are very important, a hand cream and confidence. You need to walk with your head held high.
"What is your mantra that keeps you motivated daily? My favorite one is whoever said it was easy, didn’t do it; who ever said don’t take a risk, didn’t take one; who ever said forget about it, did; and who ever said don’t dream big, never dreamed at all and I like to end it with a big dream.
"After just celebrating your 10 year anniversary last year what would you say you’ve learned most? I have learned that the word no can be a complete sentence. I’ve learned that you don’t have to explain things. If you feel this way is how you feel, period. When you say no it’s no, not no because or no but, just no.
OK! Nigeria recently featured Damone Roberts in the OK! Beauty section!
Always on point with eyebrow wisdom, Damone is quoted saying: “Eyebrows are the single most important, underestimated, feature on the face. They add balance and structure and can make a person look 10lbs. thinner.”
Isn’t that the truth!