Threading is an ancient method commonly practiced in Eastern countries that removes the entire hair follicle. The process is simple: a cotton thread is pulled along unwanted hair in a twisting motion, trapping the hair and lifting it out of the follicle. It’s an extremely sanitary process, and since no chemicals are required, it’s ideal for clients who are taking medicines that conflict with waxing or sugaring.
Ok, ok, we all eat. And sometimes we eat healthy and well, and other times, we just grab whatever is in front of us a grub down [which is totally fine, in moderation!] But wouldn’t it be nice if you could whip up a tasty, healthy, beautifying snack? TBD does it again with their toast toppers—3 different options offering up health and beauty benefits! Read on to get your inner chef on!
Before we get into these gorgeous toppers, let’s have a chat about the wonder ingredient that is avocado. This beautiful fruit (yes, it’s a fruit) is super rich in dietary vitamins A an E and is most beneficial to the skin. With concentrated levels of vitamin A, its like a natural retinol alternative which increases cell turnover. Studies have shown that avocado consumption can increase the amount of soluble collagen in the skin which translates to better skin repair. A.k.a a dream in reducing sun damage, hyper pigmentation and scarring. Chowing on plenty of avos can also improve signs of a dry scalp and help hydrate skin in general from the inside out.
So, we have our avo-toast doing all kinds of wonders for our skin. Now, what else can we add?
1. RADISH + EDAMAME: This combo is not only delish, but comes complete with a few beauty benefits of their own. Radishes have a high water content and lots of vitamin C which is nourishing for the tissues helping to keep your body hydrated. Hydration = best beauty benefit in the book. Edamame contains isoflavones which many studies have shown aid in the prevention of collagen breakdown…another skin friendly food!
2. EGG + TOMATOES: Tip! Eating your eggs with the yolk in tact helps to preserve the nutrients as opposed to scrambling them where the high heat exposure lowers the benefits. Eggs are loaded with Omega 3 fatty acids which can be responsible for strong, healthy nails that won’t split every time you reach for your handbag. Tomatoes are packed with lycopene (what gives them their pigment) which is a powerful antioxidant and an anti-inflammatory that helps protect skin from environmental agents. That’s definitely a dynamic duo.
3. RED PEPPERS + OLIVES: Red peppers, like tomatoes also have lycopene (which we discussed and love) but they also have a unique ratio of vitamin A and C. This combo creates a huge antioxidant capacity which is very beneficial to your skin. Olives are rich in fatty acids and antioxidants that nourish, hydrate and protect the skin. Chief among those is vitamin E which has been shown to protect the skin from UV radiation. Basically a super tasty sunscreen!
Have you been noticing all those beautiful, lush, full brows on the runways this Fashion season? Are you looking in the mirror right now, just a bit sad because yours just don’t seem to be able to live up to the hype? Fear no more! Damone Roberts Brow Gain is the product you’ve been waiting for. Jennifer Connolly better watch out after you apply this product nightly and give your hairs the nutrition and strength that they’ve been so desperately seeking, usually within 6-8 weeks. Don’t believe us? Read on to see what some of the top magazines and reviews are saying!
“Roberts most famous product promises to get your balding brows to grow hair”- New York Post
"Skimpy eyebrows got you penciling in that arch every day?
Not to worry thick, lush brows can be yours, thanks to Damone Roberts Brow Gain” -Essence Magazine
"Damone Roberts Brow Gain creates healthy-looking, full brows by stimulating the surrounding hair follicle." - Juicy Magazine
"I love Brow Gain, it is a miracle worker.
My mom has always had eyebrows so thin and sparse that they were practically invisible, so she had been drawing them in since high school. I thought I would give Brow Gain a shot, so I bought it for her for Mother’s Day this past year. When I went home for the Fourth of July, I was amazed: her eyebrows were so much thicker and actually visible.
I decided that her next gift would be an eyebrow shaping with Damone.
Now a few months later, her brows still look thick and healthy even after not using the product since the end of the summer.
Thank you so much.” -E. Walks
"My friends tease me about my obsession with eyebrows but I feel they really frame your face and can make a huge difference in your appearance. Unfortunately I have always had fine hair so I spent a lot of time filling in my brows to make them look more dense. I even tried Rogaine which was smelly and messy but it didn’t help much. Last year I did a medical treatment which caused my eyebrows to thin even more and there were spots where you could hardly see any hair. I was pretty devastated to say the least. I tried Brow Gain and used it every night and very soon I could see little hairs growing back. I continued to use it and after about 6 weeks I had my eyebrows back - better than before! Some days I even go without the pencil! This product worked so great for me. I would definitely recommend it." - C. Cole
“O.K I had my reservations at first. I did as instructed and waited the 4 to 6 weeks used it once a day and one day OMG it works!!!! I started to see little hairs where I had none from over tweezed brows of the 80’s. Damone’s “Brow Gain” works! It grew brows back where I had over tweezed for many many years. I had to call the salon and thank them personally for recommending this product on my first visit to Damone’s salon in Beverly Hills. The $35.00 is a bargain considering that I have spent allot more money for allot less product and no results. Finally, something that really works. I know I sound like and infomercial. I just wanted to share my happy, happy, joy, joy! I look younger with fuller brows and yes the 5 minute face lift as he claims is TRUE ladies once sculpted by the King I looked younger. Plus I felt younger and I could not stop smiling.” -Molina B.
Haven’t gotten your Brown Gain yet? Click here to make sure you’re not missing out!
Just like our body, our skin needs to be fed properly to make sure it looks its best. But what exactly should we feed our skin to make sure it’s healthy and full of life? Below are three essential nutrients that you shouldn’t be living without!
Green Tea Extract- Green tea extract can actually decrease wrinkles and also makes you look younger. It is useful to incorporate green tea extract into your skin care product to possibly slow down skin aging.
Green tea extract is a good anti-inflammatory agent thereby reducing inflammation in the skin, and most importantly having an inhibitory action on collagenase (a collagen-reducing enzyme that breaks down collagen). Since green tea extract helps to inhibit collagenase, the topical use of green tea helps to promote the health and quantity of collagen, thereby maintaining a firm and elastic skin. In one clinical study is was shown that the skin had measurably more elastic tissue content after continuous application of a product containing green tea extract.
Green tea extract appears to exert a sun protective effect by quenching free radicals and reducing inflammation. Therefore, it could apply a green tea formula under the sunscreen. It is best to combine green tea extract with zinc oxide-based sunscreens because zinc oxide is chemically inert and should not react with green tea extract.
Cucumber Extract- Cucumber extract has been used for many years to treat problem skin including acne and eczema. You can find cucumber extract in many natural skin care products that are specific for your face and body.
Cucumbers are rich in amino acids. They also contain vitamin A, C, E and K. Vitamin E is a vital ingredient as it helps repair your skin if you suffer from acne or any other sensitive skin issues. Cucumbers and cucumber extract also contain various minerals including magnesium, potassium and silica. Silica can help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The cucumber’s nourishing, astringent and hydrating properties provide only positive skin and health promoting benefits to your body, which is something that is extremely important to you on a day to day basis.
Copper PCA- Copper PCA is another multi-tasking antioxidant. Copper PCA is a component of Superoxide Dismutase (SOD), an antioxidant naturally occurring in the body that declines with age. Superoxide Dismutase helps protect cells from free radical toxicity. SOD is one of the most effective anti-agers in the antioxidant class because of its ability to reduce free radical damage in the skin, therefore preventing wrinkles, fine lines and age spots, while offering protection from UV rays. Superoxide Dismutase serves as an anti-inflammatory as well, and can also prevent precancerous cell changes. Supplementing the skin with topically applied Copper PCA may help the skin more effectively utilize available Superoxide Dismutase.
Now what if you can apply these amazing skin savers with a swift wipe— no bottles of serums and supplements clogging your countertops? No bags of skincare having to travel with you, taking up precious space in your luggage? Debuting in Spring 2014, Damone Roberts AM/PM will make this dream a reality!
Trust us, you can’t wait for this life changer!
If you haven’t seen this clever photo floating around your internet, then enjoy it for a moment… now get ready to learn how to make your skin actually look like it’s been filtered, but without the use of a camera! Skin “blurring” products are hitting the beauty market by storm, and Refinery29 has rounded up the top 10 most coveted beautifying, blurring products for you to learn about. See which ones address your concerns, or go for them all! You can’t go wrong with a little extra perfection.
1. Enlarged pores and uneven texture are gone in a nanosecond. Mix it with your moisturizer for an unbelievable glow; Indeed Laboratories Nanoblur, $19.99, available at Drugstore.com.
2. This lip balm protects, primes, and erases imperfections on and around the mouth with its genius green tint; Ardency Inn Boom Base, $24, available at Sephora.
3. This corrects skin-tone imperfections while leaving the visage soft and even. It’s perfect for weekends with just a touch of concealer under your eyes; Cargo HD Picture Perfect CC Cream, $39, available at Macy’s.
4. This leaves you with softer, more-perfected skin and SPF 30 to protect the results. Use it alone or under foundation for a flawless face; L’Oréal Revitalift Miracle Blur, $24.99, available at Ulta.
5. This anti-aging skin perfector instantly smoothes the texture and appearance of your skin while it goes to work on fine lines and imperfections; Lancôme Visionnaire 1-Minute Blur, $55, available at Lancôme.
6. A favorite of makeup artists everywhere, this silky lotion has special-effect silicones that essentially erase redness underneath tinted moisturizer, foundation, or powder; MAC Prep + Prime Skin, $30, available at MAC.
7. Enlarged pores are no longer an issue with this oil-free definer that helps lessen their appearance in a flash; Dr. Brandt Pores No More , $45, available at DermStore.
8. If you want an airbrushed look for a big event, this foundation is the ticket to getting that flawless finish; Sephora Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation, $26, available at Sephora.
9. This powder is how you get that soft-focus effect with the glowing complexion to match, day or night, no matches required; Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder, $45, available at Sephora.
10. The radiant glow from underneath your perfected complexion has to be seen to be believed — this miracle worker imparts pure radiance; Garnier Skin Renew 5 Second Blur Instant Smoother , $14.99, available at Target.
And now you’ll never need to use another Instagram filter again!